The port of Anzali (Persian: Bandar-e-Anzali) is an old northern city in the province of Gilan. It is located on the southern banks of the Caspian Sea and has the first and largest port in Iran.
This city is a great tourism hub with many attractive locations, including the Anzali Lagoon with an area of approximately 280 km2 and a depth of 1.5-2.8 meters. It is one of the world’s biggest and most beautiful lagoons in terms of wildlife diversity due to the many islands it houses.
Some of the touristic attractions of Anzali include the Anzali Palace, the Anzali Lagoon, the clock tower, Anzali Bridges, and Anzali Hafezieh.
Investment in Anzali Free Trade Zone:
Apart from its touristic attractions, Anzali Free Trade Zone is one of the place for attraction national and foreign investments. This region has unique geographical, economical, construction and investment advantages and specifications.
Benefits of investment in Anzali Trade Zone include:
- Total freedom for entry and exit of capital
- Freedom of foreign investment participation up to 100%
- Complete guaranty of foreign investments and resulting profits
- Tax exemption for up to 15 years which can be extended to 20 years
- Exemption of paying any customs rights and commercial profits for importing raw materials, machinery and spare parts for local producers
- Customs exemption for import of manufactured goods in the free trade zone according to the amount of the value added
- Location of entry of products without regional customs or profit payments
- Having a special position in terms of communication with countries bordering the Caspian Sea
- Access through appropriate ways to CIS countries’ consumer markets
- Infrastructural facilities including water, electricity, gas, landline phones, etc…
- Completion and implementation of infrastructural projects and connection to the Qazvin-Rasht freeway
- Proximity to Rasht international airport with full navigation equipment
- Unlimited transit possibility for products
- Connection to the Qazvin-Rasht-Anzali railway
- Being at the center of the country’s attention concerning electronic trades
- Proximity to the Caspian Sea’s biggest oil and gas resources
- Specific employment regulations
- Sale and rental of lands to national investors and rental of lands to foreign investors
- Possibility of entry of foreigners from the legal entrance and exit bases of the regions without need for prior visas
- Possibility of foreign and national investment cooperation
Required documents for restricted-permission company registration in Anzali Free Trade Zone:
- Copy of birth certificate and National ID Card of partners and managers of the company (in case the investor is a legal person, providing true and authenticated copies of their documents is necessary and in case they are foreigners, copy of their passports be provided)
- Two copies of the company Statute signed by all partners
- Two copies of the company census signed by all partners
- Two copies of the application signed by all partners
- Two copies of the minutes of the founders’ general assembly signed by all partners
- Calendar of non-cash capital by partners (in case all or part of the capital is in non-cash form, it must be presented in order to obtain the company’s license)
Required documents for joint stock company registration:
- Copy of birth certificate and National ID card of all shareholders, managers, and inspectors (in case the investor is a legal person, providing true and authenticated copies of their documents is necessary and in case they are foreigners, copy of their passports be provided)
- Two copies of the minutes of the first Board meeting, signed by all the members present
- Two copies of the company Statute signed by all shareholders
- Two copies of the company declaration signed by all shareholders
- Two copies of the minutes of the founders’ general assembly signed by all shareholders
- Bank statement showing the payment of at least 35% of the capital to one of the local banks in the name of the company about to be established
Remark: in case all or part of the capital is in non-cash form, providing an evaluation of the non-cash capital by an official professional is imperative.
Company registration procedure in Anzali Free Trade Zone:
- Referring to the economic deputy director and requesting a license to register a company
- Referring to the registration office and filling out the form for requesting a name
- Approval of the chosen name by the registration department after relevant inquiries
- Delivery of registration documents from the registration of relevant companies
- Completing the registration forms acquired from the registration offices of companies and presenting them to the registration department
- Reviewing the documents by the relevant registration office and completion of them in case of incompleteness
- Paying the registration fees to the bank and providing the receipts
- Registering the company at the company registration office and delivery of registration documents to the applicant
- Presenting a copy of the advertisement to the license issuing office for further proceedings
- Closing business offices and non-commercial institutions will be defined and carried out by Anzali’s department of free trade zone and industry.
- In case the company managers wish to obtain an exploitation license or a business card from the free trade zone, they must present documents regarding the purchase or rental of land within the free trade zone to the office of investment of the department of economics. The maximum time needed for these procedures, given that there is no problem with the rented place is 20 days.
In case you have any questions, please contact our experts at the registration department of Sarasa Law Office.